Tuesday, September 11, 2012

in sickness and in health...?

Geez, it feels like forever since my last post. To be completely honest, I haven't really felt like posting. Or keeping in line with my diet for that matter. I know there is no excuse for stuffing my face with chocolate chip cookies, white bread and Burger King, but that's exactly what I did the past week. Sure, I didn't miss a single workout, but who was I trying to kid, after everything I had eaten the cardio at best kept me around the same weight. 

And why on earth would I do that, one might ask. Well, I went to the doctor two weeks ago, due to this constant headaches that just won't leave me alone. He told me I produce excess adrenaline, which could possibly explain the searing pain in my head, but that I needed to get an MRI just to be sure. After all, headaches could be a symptom of brain tumors or aneurysms, so we needed to be certain. So of course I spent all that week acting like an anxious, nervous little girl that couldn't get her hands on enough crap food. The anticipation was driving me crazy, and it still is. I had the MRI done on Saturday, but I won't know if there's anything seriously wrong with me until next week. Talk about suspense.

This week I'm trying really hard to stay away from temptations, but I've always struggled with my eating habits the most under severe stress and anxiety. And the fact that I may or may not have some giant foreign mass in my head is the MOTHER LOAD of all things stress-inducing. But, I have committed myself to changing my bad habits and eating properly cannot be dismissed under any circumstances. So I've forced myself to talk about this and post it for the world to see (bahaha yeah right...at least for my one or two readers to see) so the sheer peer pressure will make my cravings quit. So that everytime I want to take a bit of that delicious fudgy brownie, my mind will come back to this post and I'll steer clear. 


Hopefully that will be enough. Otherwise I'm going to have to resort to hand-slaps everytime I even consider eating something I shouldn't. Like a Pavlovian conditioning of sorts.



So on to brighter topics, yes? This is today's outfit and hair, the latter inspired by Pinterest. I've seen the bottom-up braided bun around a lot, and I decided to give it a try. Here's the original inspiration:

braid bun. bun braid. repeat.
Looks harder than it actually is, trust me

At first, I had a hard time braiding with my head upside down, but once you get the hang of it, it's easy peasy!!! Plus, it gets your hair out of the way and has people oohing and aaahing at it all day, so it gets extra points in my book. This is my result:



Oh, and I'm going to take this time to shamelessly promote my Pinterest account: Cristina R. YOU SHOULD ALL FOLLOW ME.

Thank you, and that is all :)



No comments:

Post a Comment