Tuesday, September 18, 2012

crank it up!

A couple of weeks ago I told myself I would start excercising everyday, and I've kept my promise so far!

WOOHOO!!!!!!!


I started off doing 25 minutes on the ellyptical machine, switching between easy-medium-intense pace, because I read somewhere that you burn more fat by constantly switching up the intensity of the workout, and also because when I attempted to do more than twenty minutes I almost fell off the machine. Yeah, my whiny, pathetic excuses of legs couldn't carry me any longer, so I stuck to 25 minutes for the first week. I also began doing 100 ab crunches, divided in sets of 20. That first week, it took me almost half an hour to do the 100 crunches, but damn it, I did them all.

Now, I can do 35 minutes of cardio on the ellyptical, and since the 100 crunches were feeling a bit too easy, I decided to find some short workout videos that I could do to work on my strength. Taralynn over at Undressed Skeleton posted this video about a week ago, and I gave it a try yesterday:


Her name is Laura London, and she's TOUGH! I mean, it looked easy enough, and 10 minutes didn't seem like a lot, but today I'm so sore I can barely walk. But that's GOOD!!! No pain, no gain right? I did the entire thing twice, and I felt so damn proud of it.

Tonight I'm going to try another one of her videos, and I'll tell you guys how it worked out tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment