Friday, September 14, 2012

inspirational friday



Kay so I know Inspirational Fridays have been all about celebrities and models so far, but today I'm going to dedicate it to Taralynn McNitt, a girl I have never met and yet feel like I've known my entire life. I came across her blog on Pinterest, Undressed Skeleton, and after reading her bio I think we're like kindred spirits or something. Reading through her life story was like reading mine, and I could instantly relate to her pain. You can check out her bio here: My Story

The part that really got to me:

"I was over being the girl with the “pretty face” or  the” best friend” of the skinny girl."

This is me during senior year at high school
Dang. That's EXACTLY how I feel. From the moment I started high school, up until now, you have no idea how many times people have said 'Oh yeah she's gorgeous, too bad she's fat.' Friends, crushes, strangers, my family, they've all either stated it outright or whispered it behind my back. For years I've struggled with self-esteem issues related to my weight, and those sort of comments only made it worse. Like they were trying to justify it by saying 'sure you're fat, but at least you've got a pretty face right?' Or trying to explain why I wasn't attractive 'Sure, she has a nice face, but she's fat so...' 

It's hard being fat, but it's even harder when people make those comments, that make you feel like that by being fat you're being a poorer version of yourself, that your face has so much potential but your body screws it up. It especially hurt when those comments came from guys I had a crush on or guys my friends wanted to set me up with. 




So thank you Taralynn, for sharing your experience and making all us fatties out there feel that there is hope, and that you can achieve a healthy lifestyle on sheer willpower. Plus, she shares TONS of healthy recipes that are easy to make and look rather yummy. So you should go check her out too, you won't regret it!








PS. After reading this over once more, I know it may sound like a paid advert, but I SWEAR she's just as awesome as she sounds, and Inspirational Fridays are all about finding inspiration, no matter where it comes from. So screw anyone who thinks I got paid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment