Monday, August 20, 2012

falling off the bandwagon

Shameful puppy eyes 
This past week, and especially during the weekend, I have to admit I fell off the bandwagon. Not only did I stray off the path in terms of what I ate, but I also skipped my workout twice, and I only made up for one of the two missed sessions. 

So SHAME on me.

I guess this has happened to a lot of people, and I'm definitely not going to give up just because I had a bad week, but geez I feel like such a failure. I've only been at this whole blogging experience for a week and a half, and I've already done exactly what I was preaching you should avoid. Darn it. 

While there is no excuse for eating like crap and skipping out on my workout, I must say most of the fatty foods I had over the weekend can be traced to my emotional state. I crashed for the very first time on Saturday morning, and it was awful. I've only been driving for a couple of months, and had been feeling like Superwoman for the most part. Then this bastard had to ram his car into mine in the most stupid way possible, and completely throw me off guard. Thankfuly, it wasn't anything too serious, and neither my spine nor my darling car suffered any damage, but the entire thing made me run late for an extremely important meeting. 

I was so angry and upset over the whole thing, I ended up bursting into tears back home, and my roommate took me to a late brunch to try and cheer me up. Instead of ordering the ham and spinach omelette I should have, I ended up having Eggs Benedict. The orchestra of flavors swirling in my mouth could not make up for the guilt I felt as they took the empty plate away, and I ended up feeling even worse. That night I practically finished a bowl of popcorn all by myself, and Sunday was chicken-wing and greasy blue-cheese dip day. 

SO, all that nasty eating topped with my lack of exercise scared the hell out of me and I skipped my weekly weigh-in. BAD CRISTINA! Yesterday I panicked and avoided the scale like the plague, but after visiting a couple of my inspirational blogs (particularly Mama Laughlin's) and reading my older posts, I've garnered enough strength to face reality, and I'm going to weight myself before lunch. There's no better way to deal with the consequences of a bad week than to know exactly where I stand. I've also rescheduled Friday's workout, so today I'll do both Friday and Monday's sessions. 

I'll post an update later today. Hopefully, the scale won't be too bad and I can get back on track quickly. Sorry if I let you guys down :(

No comments:

Post a Comment